LFS-5.0

David Barron David.Barron at sas.com
Wed Nov 19 08:24:11 PST 2003

I'm kind of new to nALFS so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I'm trying out LFS-5.0 for the first time (I don't believe in starting small :))  I'm booting with Chris Lingard's LFS 4.1 boot disk, then I go through the following steps.
Install libxml2 with ./configure --prefix=/mnt/lfs/tools && make && make install
Install nALFS with ./configure --prefix=/mnt/lfs/tools && make && make install
Ldconfig -f ld.so.conf to point to /mnt/lfs/tools/lib for the libraries.
Then invoke nALFS with /mnt/lfs/tools/bin/nALFS -l -L nalfs.log LFS-5.0.xml
Once the gui comes up I start the process with s.
Seems to be working so far.  At least I'm in the Installing a package stage of gcc-pass1 3.3.1, so I'm hopeful.

Does anyone have any suggestion/solutions for problems I may encounter as it continues?
Is there a boot cd that might be better for this process?

So far, I'm very impressed with both nALFS and the LFS-5.0 profile.  I've gone through LFS 4.0, 4.1 and 5.0 manually and this is MUCH easier.

Thanks