todo for 1.2.0-pre

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 16 09:17:24 PST 2003

Neven Has wrote:

> Or not, because I also wanted to create a normal tag, in case we need
> that code in the future.  And v1_2_0 tag should be used for the final
> 1.2.0 release of course, not the point when we created the branch.
>
> So anyway, "v1_2_0_rc-branch" branch is created.

OK, this confuses me a bit, but I'm no CVS expert... I assume then that
you can't have both a branch and a tag with the same name, since they
are (nearly) the same thing inside the repository.

I think I would have chosen to call the branch "v1_2_0-branch" and leave
off the "rc" part, but no matter, this will work OK. I will go work on
the changelog right now (been busy the last few days) and commit it to
HEAD; once we're satisfied that it's OK, the changelog changes can be
committed to v1_2_0_rc-branch as well.