nALFS CHANGES

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 00:34:25 PST 2003

Kevin P. Fleming wrote on 11 November 2003 03:51:

> David W. Wheeler wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:35:39 -0700, David W. Wheeler wrote:
>>
>> Sorry about the xpost - one of my goals with the 5.0 profile was to also
>> have it compliant with the dtd - so it not only works in nALFS but also
>> passes xmllint.  If everyone wants, I can just get the changes between
>> pre3 & 5.0 made & post that first for the pre1 nALFS release.  Let me
know.

> Those are both good goals :-) If others want to test the profiles before
> they have been fully validated, speak up and let David know, otherwise
> we'll just include the -pre3 profile in the first release candidate
tarball.

I wouldn't mind testing the un-validated profiles. I tend to be running a
full LFS install nearly every night now-a-days with me messing with the
profiles I currently have.

One other thing. I know that David has included a wget script to download
all
the packages that the profile needs but wouldn't it be a good idea to add
non-compressed
patches)? Then we could have nALFS do all the work rather than rely on the
user to run wget first?

Jamie