Website accident, alfs/view emptied

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 6 13:29:12 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 12:57, Larry Lawrence wrote:
> After reviewing my notes, I appear to be more my fault than Gerard.  In
> syncing the patch links, I used a 'cp -d' instead of 'cp -a' leaving the
> group improperly set blowing up the script.
> The blfs and lfs patch directories are gone also.  I did find them on a
> mirror. Is it possible to rsync or scp these links back from a mirror.

I wondered what happened to the patches. I thought I did it, I already
emailed Tushar asking if he can fix it up.

> Sorry, going back to my corner to try to publish 5.0 without tearing the
> whole system down.

I am putting a script into place in a minute that fixes these perm
issues: it'll run "chmod g+w -R /home/httpd/www.linuxfromscratch.org" as
well as chgrp lfswww on that dir. It'll run at the same time as cleancvs
does, so it'll always run before the automatic update at 2AM/PM. It'll
take care of this issue.

I believe the patches/lfs&blfs/version/ were symlinks to
downloads/packagename but I'm not 100% sure so that's why I rather
Tushar fix it - he'll know how things were setup.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org