1.2.0 Release ready?

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 4 14:01:46 PST 2003

Neven Has wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 10:46:10AM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>
>>>Also, should we include the changes made to docs?  I'd like the user
>>>to have a simple (but still verbose) changes done to the code at one
>>>place.
>>
>>I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for here... are you
>>referring to the docs that James is working on?
>

> Everything under doc/.  But when I think about it again, maybe it's
> not a good idea to exclude those (changes I mean).

I keep a changelog in each doc seperate.  Do we want to pull these out
to a combined ChangeLog file in the tarball?  I would think that would
be overkill since my changelog is not a verbose as what CVS would have
to say.  (I have a lot of 'render fix' endtries that would not go into a
ChangeLog file).

>>>I agree.  Way too many changes for releasing it tonight.  It would be
>>>too hasty.  I'd wait even for *pre a couple of more days.
>>
>>I won't disagree, I just brought it up as a point of discussion. Let's
>>shoot for an -rc (not -pre, that implies we have little confidence :-)
>>for Friday?
>

> Friday's good.
>

> Neven

I have been busy just trying to keep up with the docs and paid work that
I have not even looked at 1.1.8!  So I am not one to say about a code
release.

James