1.2.0 Release ready?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 4 09:46:10 PST 2003

Neven Has wrote:

> This is something I wanted to discuss -- ChangeLog.  The one generated
> from CVS is too messy for my taste.  But I don't know if there's
> anybody willing to maintain the-nice-and-pwetty one?

I agree, I had planned on working on one for this release, but I don't
want to commit to doing it forever ;-)

> Also, should we include the changes made to docs?  I'd like the user
> to have a simple (but still verbose) changes done to the code at one
> place.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for here... are you
referring to the docs that James is working on?

> I agree.  Way too many changes for releasing it tonight.  It would be
> too hasty.  I'd wait even for *pre a couple of more days.

I won't disagree, I just brought it up as a point of discussion. Let's
shoot for an -rc (not -pre, that implies we have little confidence :-)
for Friday?