1.2.0 Release ready?

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Tue Nov 4 09:33:41 PST 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 12:15:54PM -0500, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>
> > Based on last week's discussions, we should be ready for a 1.2.0
> > release. I think it might be a good idea to leverage today's LFS 5.0
> > release and get nALFS 1.2.0 released at (nearly) the same time.
> >
> > I have completed the two tasks I had committed to for 1.2.0, and Neven
> > has done his work as well (plus both of us have done more than was
> > originally discussed anyway :-). There is still one item on the wiki
> > "ALFS Roadmap" that was not done (conditional execution), but I think
> > I'd rather see a release happen and not wait for that at this point.
> >
> > If everyone agrees, we can put together a ChangeLog and get a tarball
> > ready for release tonight.

This is something I wanted to discuss -- ChangeLog.  The one generated
from CVS is too messy for my taste.  But I don't know if there's
anybody willing to maintain the-nice-and-pwetty one?

Also, should we include the changes made to docs?  I'd like the user
to have a simple (but still verbose) changes done to the code at one
place.

> What's your opinion of the testing status? Wouldn't want to have too
> much hype if not certain of the reliability. Might want to make it a
> *pre?

I agree.  Way too many changes for releasing it tonight.  It would be
too hasty.  I'd wait even for *pre a couple of more days.

Neven