nALFS Patch - nALFS-1.1.8-rootfix.patch (0/1)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 2 13:27:28 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 13:34, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> That's a darn good point David; that means either the "syntax doc" is
> incorrect or nALFS is incorrect. I wasn't around when the ALFS syntax
> was created so I can't venture a guess, but I'd say at this point that
> the syntax doc will likely have to be changed to match nALFS rather than
> the other way around.

I think nALFS should chroot with a clear environment. Many variables do
not mean anything inside chroot, but they can affect the way programs
behave as the vars might indicate some sort of system configuration that
does not apply inside a chroot environment. If you need var set, set
them explictly in a profile, don't rely on an environment setup from
outside of chroot. I think such an assumption may cause all kinds of
side-effects.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

// Linux Consultant --- OSDN / DevChannel

// If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem