nALFS Patch - nALFS-1.1.8-rootfix.patch (0/1)

David Wheeler davewheeler69 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 2 12:29:50 PST 2003

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 13:03:17 -0700, "Kevin P. Fleming"
<kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>Neven Has wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if we should do that by default, as it's a big change if
>> people are already relying on the environment not being cleared.
>
>I agree, that would be a pretty significant change. Also, as it stands
>today nALFS does not document the _order_ that <root>, <environment>,
>etc. elements are processed in, and I don't think we want to have to do
>that.
>

>> But an option can be useful, maybe as:
>>
>> <environment clear="1" />
>>
>> or something... ?
>>
>> No reason not to allow clearing the environment independently
>> of <root>.
>
>Yes, this makes sense. However, it is a syntax change and if we want to
>preserve backwards compatibility we should probably hold it for
>post-1.2.0 (even though I already made a change adding <prefix> support
>to <execute> and <patch>).

OH, I hadntt thought of anyone relying on that.
I had done this because the dtd docs say the equivalent bash script
for the root element is "/usr/sbin/chroot /mnt/lfs /static/bin/env
-i..." (the -i flag clears the environment).  This is also the same
command used in the LFS book - which is the only place I can think of
that it would matter.