nALFS Patch - nALFS-1.1.8-rootfix.patch (0/1)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 2 12:03:17 PST 2003

Neven Has wrote:

> I'm not sure if we should do that by default, as it's a big change if
> people are already relying on the environment not being cleared.

I agree, that would be a pretty significant change. Also, as it stands
today nALFS does not document the _order_ that <root>, <environment>,
etc. elements are processed in, and I don't think we want to have to do
that.

> But an option can be useful, maybe as:
>
> <environment clear="1" />
>
> or something... ?
>
> No reason not to allow clearing the environment independently
> of <root>.

Yes, this makes sense. However, it is a syntax change and if we want to
preserve backwards compatibility we should probably hold it for
post-1.2.0 (even though I already made a change adding <prefix> support
to <execute> and <patch>).