nALFS Patch - nALFS-1.1.8-rootfix.patch (0/1)

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sun Nov 2 11:52:48 PST 2003

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 12:13:30PM -0700, David Wheeler wrote:
> Here's a patch to clear the host environment when the <root> element
> is used.
>
> This profile shows the issue:
> <alfs>
>     <stage name ="Normal Environment">
>         <execute command="env" />
>     </stage>
>     <stage name="Environment within chroot">
>         <stageinfo>
>             <root>/mnt/lfs</root>
>         </stageinfo>
>         <execute command="env" />
>     </stage>
> </alfs>

I'm not sure if we should do that by default, as it's a big change if
people are already relying on the environment not being cleared.

But an option can be useful, maybe as:

<environment clear="1" />

or something... ?

No reason not to allow clearing the environment independently
of <root>.

BTW, I don't know how portable is clearenv() and if we should use it.
Or just use "environ = NULL" ?

Thanks,

Neven