How to define root device lfs-4.0

clarence chan lfs2003 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 25 04:17:03 PST 2003

Hello,

I just finished the building process of lfs-4.0 in separate disk (hdc).
However, I cannot successfully boot up the lfs-4.0 system as it cannot find
the root file system at (16,1) reported by the system.  As I found that the
root device of the lfs is (22,1) which was reported when I make install the
lfs kernel.  Can anyone tell me how to solve.  Thanks.

Clarence

P.S. I use grub to as the boot loader.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org