<required> element

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Thu Jun 26 12:55:40 PDT 2003

Hi,

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 02:35:13 -0600
Izzy <l at nowhere.no> wrote:

> Vassili Dzuba wrote:
>

> > Well, the current behaviour is not very coherent :
> > - a package is assumed to be compiled when a stamp file is created
> > - compiling a package produces a stamp file only when the option
> >   -S is specified
> > - testing that a package is required through the <require> element
> >   is prformed even if -S is not specified.
> >
> > So, to sump up, if you are working with <require>, you should use
> > the -S option.
> > You can choose the directory in which the stamp filres will be written
> > by setting the environment variable NALFS_STAMP_DIR.
> >
> > For instance, I executes nALFS by using somthing similar
> > to the following commands :
> >
> > export NALFS_STAMP_DIR=/var/log/nALFS
> > /usr/bin/nALFS -S -l -L nalfs.log myprofile.xml
>

> Thanks Vassili,  This was exactly what I was missing.  Where does the stamp
> file go if you don't specify NALFS_STAMP_DIR? What does the stamp file look
> like? What is needed in a package profile to cause a stamp file to be
> created?  I tried the following, but it didn't seem to do anything.  Is it
> looking for a specific element?
>
> <package name=test>
> </package>

The stamp file has the same name as the package name, so in this case
it should be "test". Its content is the name of the packages followed
by "-" followed by the version of the package.

For instance :

<package name="skel" version ="1.0">
</package>

will create a file named "skel", whose content will be "skel-1.0"

Note that the directory into which the stamp files will be created
must exist.

> ...Izzy

Vassili
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org