<required> element

Izzy l at nowhere.no
Thu Jun 26 01:35:13 PDT 2003

Vassili Dzuba wrote:

> Well, the current behaviour is not very coherent :
> - a package is assumed to be compiled when a stamp file is created
> - compiling a package produces a stamp file only when the option
>   -S is specified
> - testing that a package is required through the <require> element
>   is prformed even if -S is not specified.
>
> So, to sump up, if you are working with <require>, you should use
> the -S option.
> You can choose the directory in which the stamp filres will be written
> by setting the environment variable NALFS_STAMP_DIR.
>
> For instance, I executes nALFS by using somthing similar
> to the following commands :
>
> export NALFS_STAMP_DIR=/var/log/nALFS
> /usr/bin/nALFS -S -l -L nalfs.log myprofile.xml

Thanks Vassili,  This was exactly what I was missing.  Where does the stamp
file go if you don't specify NALFS_STAMP_DIR? What does the stamp file look
like? What is needed in a package profile to cause a stamp file to be
created?  I tried the following, but it didn't seem to do anything.  Is it
looking for a specific element?

<package name=test>
</package>

...Izzy