<required> element

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Wed Jun 25 14:59:40 PDT 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:24:52 -0600
Izzy <l at nowhere.no> wrote:

> I'm trying to build a profile and would like to use <require> to insure all
> the dependants have been loaded.  Sadly, it doesn't seem to work for me.
> Even when the dependant package is installed just prier to the one using
> <require>, nALFS stops with an error that a required package is missing.
>
> I suspect the problem is in my usage, but can't find any clear docs on
> proper usage.  Can someone provide me an example?  Please!
>
> ...Izzy

Well, the current behaviour is not very coherent :
- a package is assumed to be compiled when a stamp file is created
- compiling a package produces a stamp file only when the option
  -S is specified
- testing that a package is required through the <require> element
  is prformed even if -S is not specified.

So, to sump up, if you are working with <require>, you should use
the -S option.
You can choose the directory in which the stamp filres will be written
by setting the environment variable NALFS_STAMP_DIR.

For instance, I executes nALFS by using somthing similar
to the following commands :

export NALFS_STAMP_DIR=/var/log/nALFS
/usr/bin/nALFS -S -l -L nalfs.log myprofile.xml

Vassili Dzuba
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org