Syntax document nALFS v1.1.7

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Mon Jun 23 13:14:12 PDT 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:03:05 -0500
James Robertson <jameswrobertson at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Vassili Dzuba wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:29:56 -0500
> > James Robertson <jameswrobertson at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Well, my site is not up to date concerning this point, as
> > nALFS 1.1.7 supports most of the DTD v3.1 (it changed <check> into <requires>
> > and added <utilizes>).
> > The <if> tag is not available in nALFS1.1.7 now, due to some problems
> > with the patch i sumbitted.
> >
> > There is a documentation at http://vassilidzuba.nerim.net/alfs_dtd.html
> >
> >>If no one is working on a doc, I can start hacking on one as I go and
> >>figure stuff out.  Maybe something like a "Howto to build a nALFS
> >>profile" instead of a simple raw syntax doc?
> >>

> > That could be usefull, my doc is only a syntax doc.
> >
> > Vassili
>
> Vasili,
>
> I am making good progress on my new profile.  The doc that you and Jesse
> put together is a big help.  I did notice that some of the new elements
> do not work (like what you said above) and that others do not support
> all the options that the regular programs ourside of nALFS do.  The
> <copy> element comes to mind. It does not support a recursive option.
>
> I am not a C or C++ coder, so I would not want to even attempt at making
> any code changes to Neven's code to add support for these things.  I did
> ask for another enhancement, but Neven seems to be away.  I am, however,
> good at technical documentation.
>
> I was thinking some this weekend (while waiting for glibc to compile on
> my slow test box :-) ) that a "HOWTO" type doucment would need to
> incorporate a lot of your syntax document.  I can provide links to
> yours, but thought that combining the two might be a better idea.
>
> What do you think?  Is this something you are interested in doing?

i don't have much time to spend on ALFS these days,  - well,
i plan to spend the rest of the evening reading
"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" ;-) -
but if you want to use parts of the syntax document to write an HOWTO,
or to expand it into an HOWTO, you're welcomed to do it.

Vassili Dzuba

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org