Syntax document nALFS v1.1.7

James Robertson jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 23 07:03:05 PDT 2003

Vassili Dzuba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:29:56 -0500
> James Robertson <jameswrobertson at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Well, my site is not up to date concerning this point, as
> nALFS 1.1.7 supports most of the DTD v3.1 (it changed <check> into <requires>
> and added <utilizes>).
> The <if> tag is not available in nALFS1.1.7 now, due to some problems
> with the patch i sumbitted.
>
> There is a documentation at http://vassilidzuba.nerim.net/alfs_dtd.html
>
>>If no one is working on a doc, I can start hacking on one as I go and
>>figure stuff out.  Maybe something like a "Howto to build a nALFS
>>profile" instead of a simple raw syntax doc?
>>

> That could be usefull, my doc is only a syntax doc.
>
> Vassili

Vasili,

I am making good progress on my new profile.  The doc that you and Jesse
put together is a big help.  I did notice that some of the new elements
do not work (like what you said above) and that others do not support
all the options that the regular programs ourside of nALFS do.  The
<copy> element comes to mind. It does not support a recursive option.

I am not a C or C++ coder, so I would not want to even attempt at making
any code changes to Neven's code to add support for these things.  I did
ask for another enhancement, but Neven seems to be away.  I am, however,
good at technical documentation.

I was thinking some this weekend (while waiting for glibc to compile on
my slow test box :-) ) that a "HOWTO" type doucment would need to
incorporate a lot of your syntax document.  I can provide links to
yours, but thought that combining the two might be a better idea.

What do you think?  Is this something you are interested in doing?

James Robertson | jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Reg. LFS User:   #6981    http://www.linuxfromscatch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org