Syntax document nALFS v1.1.7

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Fri Jun 20 10:01:37 PDT 2003

Hi,

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:29:56 -0500
James Robertson <jameswrobertson at earthlink.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> Has anyone begun work on a full featured syntax doc?  I am building a
> custom profile using nALFS 1.1.7 on LFS CVS 20030603 (and going...).  I
> have some sample profiles to look at and copy what was done, but I have
> some questions on what all is available in the DTD and how to use them.
>   I am surprised at how well I am doing so far seeing as how I am
> nowhere close to good at XML.
>
> I also noticed that Vassili has an updated DTD that he is calling v3.1
> as opposed to the v3.0 that is embedded in nALFS 1.1.7.  Is there much
> difference between the two?  Is this change going to be integrated into
> a newer version of nALFS?  Please remember that I am not an expert by
> any means at XML, so these may seem to be stupid questions to some of
> you.  I appologize in advance if this is the case.

Well, my site is not up to date concerning this point, as
nALFS 1.1.7 supports most of the DTD v3.1 (it changed <check> into <requires>
and added <utilizes>).
The <if> tag is not available in nALFS1.1.7 now, due to some problems
with the patch i sumbitted.

There is a documentation at http://vassilidzuba.nerim.net/alfs_dtd.html

> If no one is working on a doc, I can start hacking on one as I go and
> figure stuff out.  Maybe something like a "Howto to build a nALFS
> profile" instead of a simple raw syntax doc?

That could be usefull, my doc is only a syntax doc.

> Comments?
> Thanks
> --
> James Robertson | jameswrobertson at earthlink.net