nALFS enhancement request

James Robertson jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 20 09:38:27 PDT 2003

Neven,

I am not sure if you even want to do any enahncements, but I was
wondering if you would be interested in adding a small piece of code
into nALFS?  You have an existing feature "E" that lets you edit the
current profile that nALFS has loaded.  When I do this, I get the root
profile xml file that I passed as an argument to nALFS.  This is cool.
My enhancement request is along this line.  If I am in the top window
and have expanded the children in the list to a certain entry and have
it highlighted, I would like to press "E" (or whatever) to edit the XML
file that that entry is in and not just the main profile xml doc.

Is this something you would find usefull?  I know I would.  When I have
been working on my profile, I will open nALFS and get errors.  I then
have to exit the tool, open vim to the file, make changes and then
reload the profile again.  If I could edit the profile right from within
the tool, that would be awesome.

Now, if I am missing this feature as already being in v1.1.7, then I
sincerely apoligize in advance and will read the instructions again.  I
did not see this however my first run through.

Thanks Neven. The tool is great.

James Robertson | jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Reg. LFS User:   #6981    http://www.linuxfromscatch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org