LFS-CVS-20030516 nALFS profile

James Robertson jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 22 06:35:37 PDT 2003

Dermot Bradley wrote:

> Any reason why the LFS-CVS book is now 1 1/2 months old? I assumed it
> would be undated nightly in line with issues people found...

Not always.  The book's editors have to make changes, update bugs and
then commit the changes in CVS for a new build to happen.  There has
been a lot going on lately that has slowed the process somewhat.  Gerard
moved, went on vacation, moved the servers to a new colo facility and a
bunch of other stuff.  The move of the servers has been a big amount of
work for Gerard.  He had to rebuild the server, set up all the scritps,
and a bunch of other stuff, plus find a place that the project can
afford.  It was not easy.

Just because there has not been a official re-generation of the content,
does not mean that work is not continuing.  Look in the lfs.dev list.
There are a lot of updates sitting in there.  I would bet that now that
things are settling down, Gerard will be able to make a bunch of commits
and we will see builds happening again.

As it stands CVS20030603 is complete, pretty much.  The commands work
fine and you get a good build.  The rest is mostly fluff (the text
behind everything).

James

James Robertson | jameswrobertson at earthlink dot net
Reg. LFS User:   #6981    http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org