nALFS log bug?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 9 09:41:15 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 09:57, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> One of my packages require to be built by non-root and installed by
> root. The stages that are to be done by non-root have a
> don't. The result of this is that nALFS isn't checking for new files
> anymore.

I found the following in src/logging.c:

static INLINE char *stage_two_of_logging_changed_files(void)
{
        if (find_element_status(current_package) != RUN_STATUS_DONE) {
                Debug_logging("Not doing stage two - "
                        "package status is not DONE.");
                return NULL;

	}

used in the profile I sent earlier. When <user> is not used (ie; when
using <base> or whatever else), this conditition is never true, thus
logging takes place.

I don't have time to further debug this today, hopefully somebody else
has an idea what is going on?

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://linuxfromscratch.org