nALFS log bug?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 9 08:57:14 PDT 2003

Hi guys,

One of my packages require to be built by non-root and installed by
root. The stages that are to be done by non-root have a
don't. The result of this is that nALFS isn't checking for new files
anymore.

Here follows a very small profile that exhibits the same bug:

------------------------

<!DOCTYPE alfs SYSTEM "nalfs.dtd" []>

<alfs version="3.1" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">

<stage name="Test">
<stageinfo>
        <root>/mnt/lfs</root>
</stageinfo>

<package name="testing" version="1.2.3">
        <stage name="Foo">
                <execute command="echo bar"/>
        </stage>
</package>

</stage>
</alfs>

When I run this "nALFS filename.xml" it won't check for new files:

I: Changing to user tempuser".
I: Executing system command in /:
I:     echo
bar                                                               -: bar
I: Exiting stage: Foo
I: Sending the package log to the frontend...
I: Log file stored in "/root/.nALFS/packages/testing-1.2.3.log".
I: Exiting stage: Test
I: State stored in "/root/.nALFS/state_file".
I: Execution successfully done.
I: Total time executing: 00:00:00

Now I remove the <stageinfo> block:

I: Exiting stage: Foo
I: Collecting files from /root/.nALFS/rundir...
<snip the rest>

Any idea what is causing this:?

--
Gerard Beekmans