libxml2's SAX

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Mon Jan 27 10:04:12 PST 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 05:22:46PM -0000, Jamie Bennett wrote:
>   Going through the nALFS code line by line to try and understand it
> I came across this little comment -
>
> /* TODO:
>  * This is WRONG. Constructing libxml2's tree, reading it and creating
>  * our own structures, and then freeing it is plain stupid.
>  * But since libxml2's SAX won't play nice, this will have to be used
>  * for a while.
>  */
>
>   Why doesn't SAX play nicely and is it on your list of things to do?

"not playing nicely" == "me didn't bother to look into it more" :)

Using the tree was just easier for me at the time and, as I wanted to
start using libxml2 ASAP, I just went with it.

I think entity support was a bit tricky to use with SAX, but it's been
a while since I last looked into that.

It would be more natural to use SAX for parsing the profile in nALFS
structures, so it is in my todo list, just not very high.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org