Newbie Question

DP dpaille at kc.rr.com
Tue Jan 21 20:08:59 PST 2003

Hello Folks,

First message here.  I read through the 4.0 book, and although it makes
sense, I would like to know how I can go through and build a
linux-from-scratch and make it portable.  What I really want to do is build
it, and have it be stand alone on a machine with a distro.

I have heard many times that you could build a linux kernel, put it on a
floppy so it boots, then take the floppy out so that if the machine was
rebooted, you could not get into the system...(I would like to build a
ip-chain machine booting just from a floppy for security).  I really don't
know if that was a rumour or if it is possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I go forward and build a
linux-from-scratch system, that I have to run with another distribution on
the same machine....it kind of defeats the purpose of building a machine
from scratch in the first place.

Sincere Thanks,
Dom

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org