Just a thought ....

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Tue Jan 21 08:04:56 PST 2003

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 10:52:40AM -0000, Jamie Bennett wrote:
> 	Just a thought as we are in the middle of changing things around.
> How about adding an install-log (http://install-log.sourceforge.net/)
> type file monitoring function to nALFS. We already include support for
> 'dumb' stamp file creation but how about expanding this to include what
> files the installation actually created/modified.

I'm probably missing something, but isn't that already possible with
that "one find() logging"?

> 	The possibilities with this modification are endless, here a just
> a couple off the top of my head -
<snip>

Same with some of these, while the others will be added eventually.
But I fail to see anything special with install-log -- it does the
same dump_a_time_stamp-do_a_find kind of thing. Or not?

> 	I think this is a valid addition to nALFS and using the existing
> stamp mechanism along with a simple timestamp file, it should be easy
> to implement.
>
> Anyway, just an idea.

Are you volunteering? :) Patch would explain the things much more
easily. ;)

But anyway, I have put this in TODO, to check it out some more.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org