ALFS DTD documentation

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Mon Jan 20 00:56:39 PST 2003

Vassili Dzuba wrote on Sunday, January 19, 2003 7:11 PM

> explicitely not HTML tags, because if they are and if there
> are applications that just dump the <description> into
> HTML files, i fear that soon people willl start to introduce
> new tags, that will not be understood by other applications.

This is what I would do.

> By maybe i'm just paranoid... or overly optimist as this
> assumes that there will be many people that will write ALFS
> profiles ;-)

Hey, maybe someday ;) It wouldn't take much for nALFS to become
a fully featured package manager so maybe. A nice GTK+ front-end
for the newbie :)

> Anyway, if one want to generate a HTML file from the profile
> using for instance a XSLT style sheet, the translation of these
> tags is quite trivial.

Yes, a XSLT sheet would be very trivial and we could assume users
of nALFS have the know-how to fashion a simple one together.

- Jamie Bennett     - 18 St Peters Terrace - jamie at linuxuk.org -
- Software Engineer - Lower Bristol Road   -                   -
- PCP Microproducts - Bath, England        -                   -

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org