SPAM (Re: Please take action now, to Support me Support YourSelf - adv)

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 13 16:14:13 PST 2003

Yo,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 11:45:11PM +0100, Raphael Schmid wrote:
> This is taking overhand, don't you think so Jesse?

In case you didn't catch the conversation in #LFS with Chris :)

...e-mail Gerard about it.  Complain, bitch, whine at him.

The SMTP is Gerard's responsibility.  Since the move to quasar, he's
promised multiple times to get SpamAssasin up and running properly.
However, it's been over 2 months since then and nothing has happened.
Gerard can be extremely lazy/prograstinating when he wants to be :P
(this is not a jab at him, even if it seems like it.  He has just not
considered it a huge overly bad/anoying issue, afaik)

I personally don't have the time to deal with SPAM right now.  I have an
exam in two days, with two following that next week.  With plenty of
review and tests all this week.  After the 23th or so, I will have time
to deal with this, if it is not resolved by then.  Just keep in mind that
if it comes down to *me* implementing SpamAssasin, it's going to be ugly.
I can almost guarantee a few hours downtime of the mailing lists, as it's
been a while since i've had to mess with Postfix/SpamAssasin/Listar (:

So.. please, please, please, bug Gerard if you find the SPAM that is being
posted on the mailing lists annoying/offending/whatever.  I'm sure
everyone is going to say "but he allready has so much todo" and the like,
but the fact is, he ALWAYS has too much todo, so it's a moot point.
He's still the one that manages the mailing lists and takes full
responsibility on it.  So.. fire away, i'm quite annoyed at it myself.

Anyways, that's my suggestion-at least for the time being :)

/me whom is going to take some time to eventually remove all the SPAM from
the damn archived mbox's on quasar so they don't show up in the archives =D

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org