I have writtern a profile for BLFS, well some of it

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sat Jan 11 10:44:28 PST 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 01:44:12PM +0000, Mark Ellis wrote:
> Neven, have you given this any thought, or is it just "planned" :)

It's just "planned". :)

> I've been trying to figure it out on and off for a while now, though
> i havent actually tried anythng yet. Best i can figure is to have
> the backend tap into standard in and out of the command to be run,
> send output to the frontend, pick up input and feed it to the
> command.

Yes, I already use dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO) when executing commands.
For stderr too. I guess the same could be done with stdin.

> Straight forward so far, but i'm not convinced there wont be problems
> with timings of input and output. Also, you'd have to assume everything
> wants an end-of-line for input. And i think there would have to be some
> kind of "input" flag, otherwise we'd have to open an input buffer for
> everything.

What I would like in nALFS is to have a command, after which every
input will go to the executing command. But I still have no clue how
to do that. :)

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org