I have writtern a profile for BLFS, well some of it

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 10 06:21:15 PST 2003

Yo,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 02:22:47PM +0100, Neven Has wrote:
> But wouldn't that require splitting each <userinput> (or whatever you
> call it in the future) in the similar way ALFS syntax looks like?

Hrm, it's hard to say.  I haven't had a chance to read everything that had
been posted and discussed on the lfs-dev ml.  But I do remenber dedicated
tags for the commands being proposed.  I'm still unsure how much it will
help things for us, in terms of keeping our XML profiles and the book(s) in
sync.

Even if each command is seperated and wrapped around a specific XML tag,
someone is going to have to write an XSLT StyleSheet to process it.  That
wont be an easy nor short task.  It would have to translate each and every
cli command into ALFS xml.. uh, that is going to be fun ;-)

But again, nothing has been decided, there's just been talk so far.

> If I'm the book editor, I know I wouldn't like doing that. :)

Heh, yeah... we will have to see.  Perhaps eventually we wont have to
manually edit our XML profiles like we do now, but I doubt that's going
to be realized in the near future.

I do have faith it will eventually happen though.  Never know, we could
perhaps even get the basic ALFS XML Profiles integrated into the book.
That way the book could transform our XML into there own formats, without
neither of us having to maintain more then we need... *wishfull thinking*

Whoop, anyways, getting kicked out of this lab, end of class.. l8r!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org