I have writtern a profile for BLFS, well some of it

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Fri Jan 10 05:24:00 PST 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 12:21:00PM +0000, Giles Bathgate wrote:
> In my version of the LFS 4.0 profile, to compile the kernel I use
>
> yes "" | make config
>
> This builds a default (cruddy) kernel without much support for hardware.
>
> Using make menuconfig, causes it to break nALFS because make
> menuconfig uses ncurses. If nALFS could create a new process outside
> ncurses that would be great.

It would, but it's not that easy. All commands (including
make menuconfig) are run by the backend, which then sends only its
output to the frontend, using sockets. I'm not sure yet how to handle
the "output" of make menuconfig.

But the support for simple input is planned, so that "make config" can
be run.

> Also dependencies. If nALFS could track dependencies via a
> <depends></depends> tag writern into the package profile, then the
> install order could be calculated. which would make the BLFS profile
> work whilst maintaining chapter structure.

We're just in the process of discussing this on the list.

> I would also really like to see a <information> tag, that would be
> used to contain a short discription of what the package is, and
> does.

Same here, with <description> inside <packageinfo>.

> And finally has anyone ever thought of writing a script that either
> extracts the profile from the book, or gererates the book from the
> profiles?

Thought yes, did no. :) Do subscribe to the list and check out the
last messages.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org