I have writtern a profile for BLFS, well some of it

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 04:02:29 PST 2003

Giles Bathgate wrote on Friday, January 10, 2003 12:21 PM

> oh It probably wasn't there when I started.

Vassili's profiles have been around for quite a while now.

> no not subscribed.

Its a good idea to subscribe that way you can be kept up-to-date
on the progress of nALFS and its profiles.

> Also dependencies. If nALFS could track dependencies via a
> <depends></depends>
> tag writern into the package profile, then the install order could be
> calculated. which would make the BLFS profile work whilst
> maintaining chapter
> structure.
>
> This tag would also provide usefull information.

This is some what already implemented through the <check> tag.
Current discussion is on going about this subject on the list.

> I would also really like to see a <information> tag, that
> would be used to
> contain a short discription of what the package is, and does.

Currently being discussed. Please see
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/alfs-discuss/2003/01

> Giles

- Jamie Bennett     - 18 St Peters Terrace - jamie at linuxuk.org -
- Software Engineer - Lower Bristol Road   -                   -
- PCP Microproducts - Bath, England        -                   -
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org