adding <utilizes> to the DTD

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Thu Jan 9 10:15:26 PST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:49:21 +0000 (UTC)
mark.uzumati at virgin.net (Mark Ellis) wrote:

> On 2003.01.09 11:38 Vassili Dzuba wrote:
> >
> > I would prefer the <description> be a little more structured
> > than (#PCDATA).
> >
> > So, would this go for the time being :
> >
> > <check> and <stamp> are suppressed
> >
> > and the following is introduced in the DTD:
> >
> > <!ELEMENT package (packageinfo?, ...)>
> > <!ELEMENT packageinfo (description?,requires*,utilizes*)>
> > <!ELEMENT requires (#PCDATA)>
> > <!ELEMENT utilizes (#PCDATA)>
> > <!ELEMENT description (para*)>
> > <!ELEMENT para (#PCDATA)>
> >
> > Vassili
> >

> Sounds reasonable. I'm less fussed about <para> since i cant imagine
> what we'd do with <description> other than extract and display the
> content, but equally structure is always a good thing, so cool.

If you display a #PCDATA in a web browser in a straigtfotward
way, the line break are usually processed as white spaces,
so that you cannot have several paragraphs in your text.

We should probably also allow lists, for instance :

<!ELEMENT description (para|list)*>
<!ELEMENT para (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT list (item|list)*>
<!ATTLIST list