adding <utilizes> to the DTD

Vassili Dzuba vassili.dzuba at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 9 03:38:40 PST 2003

"Jamie Bennett" <jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de
news: 2130109F889CD5119FAD0050BA6F2D6B064BD9 at SERVER...
> Neven Has wrote on Thursday, January 09, 2003 10:43 AM
> > To: alfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
> > Subject: Re: adding <utilizes> to the DTD
> >
> > Yes, we can add that <packageinfo>. Having the above, and <info> that
> > Jamie mentioned, we could have:
> >
> > <package name="" version="">
> > <packageinfo>
> > <check></check>
> > <check></check>
> >
> > <utilizes></utilizes>
> > <utilizes></utilizes>
> >
> > <description></description>
> >
> > <!-- homepage, license, author etc. can go here
> > latter -->
> > </packageinfo>
> >
> > <!-- ... -->
> > </package>
> >
> > I would prefer <description> over <info> in this case (as it's in
> > <packageinfo>).
>
> Agreed. An optional <packgeinfo> tag gets my thumbs up.
>
> > Also, "check" and "utilizes" don't quite match language-wise, so
> > maybe we could rename "check" to "requires" (or something), or
> > rename "utilizes", or something third?
>
> I think that "requires" better describes the element. "check" is
> more like the action that will be taken.
>
> > Neven
>
> -- http://www.linuxuk.org --------------------------------------
> - Jamie Bennett     - 18 St Peters Terrace - jamie at linuxuk.org -
> - Software Engineer - Lower Bristol Road   -                   -
> - PCP Microproducts - Bath, England        -                   -

I would prefer the <description> be a little more structured
than (#PCDATA).

So, would this go for the time being :

<check> and <stamp> are suppressed

and the following is introduced in the DTD:

<!ELEMENT package (packageinfo?, ...)>
<!ELEMENT packageinfo (description?,requires*,utilizes*)>
<!ELEMENT requires (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT utilizes (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT description (para*)>
<!ELEMENT para (#PCDATA)>