adding <utilizes> to the DTD

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Thu Jan 9 02:43:06 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 09:35:28AM +0000, Mark Ellis wrote:
> On 2003.01.08 20:44 Vassili Dzuba wrote:
> >However there is no element that coresponds to the clause
> >"package A will utilize package B". I would like to be able
> >to put this information in the BLFS profile to compute
> >a better build order (i have a profile BLFS_ordered.xml
> >that satisfies the "depends on" relationship, checked using
> >YAALFS).
> >
> >So, the question is : should we add such an element type
> >to the DTD, and how should we call it ? ("<utilizes>" maybe ?)

Sounds good to me.

> I'm in favour of the idea, but i think the syntax needs thinking
> through, and this should go in some form of <packageinfo> section, or
> whatever we want to call it. I dont particularly like the way <check>
> is placed, and i'd rather not have another one lurking around being
> 'procedural' rather than 'informational'.

Yes, we can add that <packageinfo>. Having the above, and <info> that
Jamie mentioned, we could have:

<package name="" version="">
	<packageinfo>
		<check></check>
		<check></check>

		<utilizes></utilizes>
		<utilizes></utilizes>

		<description></description>

		<!-- homepage, license, author etc. can go here latter -->
	</packageinfo>

</package>

I would prefer <description> over <info> in this case (as it's in
<packageinfo>).

Also, "check" and "utilizes" don't quite match language-wise, so
maybe we could rename "check" to "requires" (or something), or
rename "utilizes", or something third?

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org