adding <utilizes> to the DTD

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 02:30:25 PST 2003

Neven Has wrote on Thursday, January 09, 2003 10:43 AM
> To: alfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
> Subject: Re: adding <utilizes> to the DTD
>
> Yes, we can add that <packageinfo>. Having the above, and <info> that
> Jamie mentioned, we could have:
>
> <package name="" version="">
> 	<packageinfo>
> 		<check></check>
> 		<check></check>
>
> 		<utilizes></utilizes>
> 		<utilizes></utilizes>
>
> 		<description></description>
>
> 		<!-- homepage, license, author etc. can go here
> latter -->
> 	</packageinfo>
>
> 	<!-- ... -->
> </package>
>
> I would prefer <description> over <info> in this case (as it's in
> <packageinfo>).

Agreed. An optional <packgeinfo> tag gets my thumbs up.

> Also, "check" and "utilizes" don't quite match language-wise, so
> maybe we could rename "check" to "requires" (or something), or
> rename "utilizes", or something third?

I think that "requires" better describes the element. "check" is
more like the action that will be taken.

> Neven

- Jamie Bennett     - 18 St Peters Terrace - jamie at linuxuk.org -
- Software Engineer - Lower Bristol Road   -                   -
- PCP Microproducts - Bath, England        -                   -
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org