adding <utilizes> to the DTD

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Thu Jan 9 01:35:28 PST 2003

On 2003.01.08 20:44 Vassili Dzuba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The DTD v3.0 contains an element <check> that corresponds
> to the clauses "package A depends on package B"
> in the book.
>
> YAALFS is able to check that a profile is well ordered
> with respect to that dependency.
>
> However there is no element that coresponds to the clause
> "package A will utilize package B". I would like to be able
> to put this information in the BLFS profile to compute
> a better build order (i have a profile BLFS_ordered.xml
> that satisfies the "depends on" relationship, checked using
> YAALFS).
>
> So, the question is : should we add such an element type
> to the DTD, and how should we call it ? ("<utilizes>" maybe ?)
>

> Vassili Dzuba

I'm in favour of the idea, but i think the syntax needs thinking
through, and this should go in some form of <packageinfo> section, or
whatever we want to call it. I dont particularly like the way <check>
is placed, and i'd rather not have another one lurking around being
'procedural' rather than 'informational'.

But yes, it is a good idea.

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org