adding <utilizes> to the DTD

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Wed Jan 8 12:44:56 PST 2003

Hello,

The DTD v3.0 contains an element <check> that corresponds
to the clauses "package A depends on package B"
in the book.

YAALFS is able to check that a profile is well ordered
with respect to that dependency.

However there is no element that coresponds to the clause
"package A will utilize package B". I would like to be able
to put this information in the BLFS profile to compute
a better build order (i have a profile BLFS_ordered.xml
that satisfies the "depends on" relationship, checked using
YAALFS).

So, the question is : should we add such an element type
to the DTD, and how should we call it ? ("<utilizes>" maybe ?)

Vassili Dzuba
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org