newbie question - nALFS

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Sun Jan 5 05:12:26 PST 2003

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 12:59:50 +0100
"|Crazor|" <crazor at freeloaderz.org> wrote:

> Hi
> after successfully setting up my LFS 4.0, i wanted to do another install =)
> this time i wanted to try lfs-cvs, and got the cvs profile from vassili's
> page (i think)
> now my problem:
> there is no tar with all the lfs packages for this certain cvs version
> can nALFS download the packages automagically? i think i read it somewhere
> and saw some references in the xml. but how do i do this? i haven't found a
> way to let nALFS do it, and when i start the profile, all i get is an error
> stating that the packages are missing (i.e. cp from /var2/... failed)

Hi,

The profile for LFS 4.0 has <reference> tags that allow to retrieve
the packages from a server, but unhappily ftp://ftp.linuxfromscratch.org
isn't available anymore, and therefore there is no single server where
all the packages can be found.

In the CVS profile, i commented out all the <reference> tags.

Moreover, it seems that there are some problems when using this functionality
from within a chrooted environment (i.e. the charpter 6), and i had no time
to look at this yet.

So, for the time being there is no automatic solution with nALFS for this
profile.

Vassili