nALFS-1.1.4

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Fri Jan 3 07:08:02 PST 2003

On Friday 03 January 2003 15:12, you wrote:
 > > In fact, in the first place, it's the movement keys in vi, where 'h' is
 > > left, 'j' is down, 'k' is up and 'l' is right ('j' looks like a down
 > > arrow on the keyboard!).
 >
 > Must be a funny keyboard you have... got a picture? :P

Yeah, sure.. Here it is (not represented are shifts, caps, return, etc...):

²&é"'(-è_çà)=           ~1234567890°+
 azertyuiop^$            AZERTYUIOP £
 qsdfghjklmù             QSDFGHJKLM%
 <wxcvbn,;:!  *          >WXCVBN?./§  µ

Well, a standard azerty kbd. ;-)

In fact, I never intended to say that the layout of the kbd was that 'h' was
left (it is!), 'j' down (it's not), 'k' up (it's not), nor 'l' right (it is!).
I just wanted to say they were mapped that way... mostly because 'j' looks a
bit like a down arrow. But just a little bit, with a foggy weather, at midnight
from a ten thousands miles away... ;-)

Regards,
Yann.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI at home  585 | / \ HTML MAIL    |   v   conspiracy.  |
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org