nALFS, CVS and BugZilla

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Fri Aug 15 13:27:58 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 01:16:11PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 12:05, James Robertson wrote:
> > Can we get nALFS added to CVS and a project added to bugzilla for
> > it?  It looks like if the testing team goes forward with it, we
> > will need to have this available for updates.
>
> Yes, I can do all that, but not until Neven agrees to it.
>
> Neven, are you aware of the discussions taking place on the lfs-ev
> list regarding the re-organization of the LFS project?
>
> The parts that matter to ALFS is that there will be a testing team
> that will be in charge of doing all that required testing before
> features are added to the book (LFS and BLFS). Some test framework
> needs to be setup and there is the possiblity that they decide on
> using nALFS or some similar program. The testing team would probably
> want to continue development of nALFS and have featured added as
> they need it. I'm not sure what your plans and ideas are for nALFS.

As I said previously, I do think it's time to put it under CVS, so
all this sounds good to me.

My todo file for nALFS (not the one in the archive now) is huge and
ugly, so filling bugzilla with its content might also be a good idea,
giving people quite a lot of stuff to do. ;)

Also, with the use of CVS branches, there won't be a problem to add a
needed feature for the testing team (if they decide to use nALFS that
is) ASAP.

Anyway, in case you go wild and crazy ;) and decide to import the
program, I'm going to regularly update

    http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~neven/nALFS-cvs.tar.bz2

(same as nALFS-latest.tar.bz2, but without a few files).

Neven