nALFS patches for new features wanted?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at cox.net
Fri Aug 15 08:49:25 PDT 2003

I've implemented some new (minor) functionality in nALFS 1.1.7. The
new features are:

- environment elements now support "mode=prepend", in addition to
"mode=append"

This allows for:

<environment>
	<variable name="PATH" mode="prepend">/stage1/bin:</variable>
</environment>

- configure and make elements now support prefix elements, in addition
to param elements

This allows for:

<configure>
	<prefix>CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"</prefix>
	<param>--prefix=/stage1</param>
</configure>

This means that you can supply prefixes to the configure command
without having to override the configure command itself. In my case, I
have a standard set of prefixes stored in an entity, which I can use
in any configure element, even those that have "command="..."" attributes.

Neven, are you taking patches? If so, I'll package these two up into
separate patches and send them your way (or to the list, if your prefer).