environment help

James Robertson jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 12 11:26:23 PDT 2003

Neven Has wrote:

> Well, nALFS does the same as "su" would do -- it just changes the uid
> and gid to the specified user (I think that's all su does :).  It
> leaves the environment intact, expecting you to set whatever variables
> you need with <environment>.
>
> Is this way causing you some problems when executing the profile?  Or
> you're simply expecting to see the environment as it would look after
> using "su -" ?  If it's just the latter, I don't think you should
> worry about it.
>

> Neven

I was wanted to see the entire environment that nALFS was running under,
but after this I think that you are right that it is not that important.
  I can see exactly what variables I need by echoing them and being sure
to set them with the tag is also important.

Thanks.

James Robertson | jameswrobertson at earthlink dot net