Revised chroot command in lfs-cvs

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sat Apr 26 05:50:12 PDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 03:12:49PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> How would I go about dealing with the revised chroot at the end of chapter 6?
>
> Right now at the start of my chapter 6 profile series I have:
>
>         <stageinfo>
>                 <root>&LFS;</root>
>
>                 <environment>
>                         <variable name="PATH">
>                                 /bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/static/bin
>                         </variable>
>                         <variable name="HOME">
>                                 /root
>                         </variable>
>                 </environment>
>         </stageinfo>
>
> There is not command defined to be excuted. Is the execution of
> /static/bin/bash hardcoded in nALFS' source somewhere, or am I missing
> something obvious?

No, nothing is hardcoded, it's simply not used.  Only the root
directory is changed, using chroot(2).

Latter, commands are executed using "sh", which is being searched
depending on the PATH variable (as execlp is used).  So if you have
/static/bin in PATH and /bin/sh doesn't exist, /static/bin/sh will be
used.  If you don't have /static/bin in PATH, /bin/sh will be used.

So the right thing should happen, as /static/bin is not used in
revised chroot.  Haven't tried it myself yet though...

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org