nALFS sometimes doesn't pick up changed/added files

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Mon Oct 21 11:49:16 PDT 2002

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 05:18:56PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> I hope this is enough information for you to do something with?

It's plenty yes, but I can't seem to figure out what could be wrong. I
can't reproduce this myself and have no idea why this is happening to
you.

The way nAFLS remembers the time is like this - after the execution is
done, but not of the whole package, the time stamp is sent to the
frontend and then, along with the package name, stored in
~/.nALFS/state_file. When new execution is started, before the next
step, this file is read and if the package whose step is about to be
executed is the same as the one of the state file, this time is used.
Otherwise, new stamp file is created. All this until the whole package
is done, when the files are finally collected.

So one must execute all the steps of the _same_ package before it's
completely done. But from what you said above, that's how you did it?
So I'm out of ideas for now, but I'll try investigating this more.

And I'll appreciate if anybody else can try executing the profiles like
this too, trying to spot anything unusual. :)

Thanks,

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org