nALFS sometimes doesn't pick up changed/added files

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Fri Oct 18 13:37:13 PDT 2002

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 12:24:58PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Strange things happening. Every now and then when running nALFS using
> the one-find scheme it doesn't pick up files that were created. I
> don't know why.

Can you somehow reproduce that for sure? Maybe with a small profile, as
an example?

> I just installed an entire LFS system and one of the packages' .files
> file is completely empty. I go back to nALFS, just tell it to redo
> that one package and the .files file is proper.

Which one? Is it always the same package, or not?

> Any idea what could cause it (the sleep patch is applied so it can't
> be that one second time problem)

Not really. I have just checked my today's build, and none of the .files
are empty. But if it happens randomly to you, that doesn't have to mean
anything.

Maybe you could try increasing the sleep() time to 2 seconds? That's too
much, but it would help after few builds, to narrow down the problem.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org