<reference>

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Tue Oct 15 09:19:09 PDT 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 09:13:07PM +0200, Vassili Dzuba wrote:
> > Could we change <reference> to use the host wget ?
>
> it's probably possible. We guess we could send a message from the
> backend to the frontend asking to download the archive.
> We would need to keep track of the directory in which we chroot and
> i'm not sure it's done now.

That would be a bit ugly IMHO. And again, if frontend and backend are on
different machines, it's more obvious that this is not frontend's job.

I think a simple wget-like function could be implemented in nALFS. Not
only for <reference>, that alone wouldn't be worth it. However, the
function will be useful in the future too, for something like
downloading the profiles and things like that.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org