<reference>

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Mon Oct 14 12:13:07 PDT 2002

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:42:23 +0000 (UTC)
imm at gmx.ch (Martin Imobersteg) wrote:

> On Monday 14 October 2002 13:22, you wrote:
> > Next step, patch the BLFS profiles to use the <reference> tag ;)
>
> Does lfs.org host all BLFS packages ?
> If not, thats a nice piece of work :)
>
> I once wrote a ugly hack to use freshmeats xml mode to get the references,
> maybe that could help here ?
>
> > I'll be installing a new system using your patch so I'll report
> > the results over the next day or two.
>
> Sorry, wont work until you install wget in chroot.

well, it would work if all the packages are already there ;-)
BTW, i integrated your patch in the version on my site.

> Could we change <reference> to use the host wget ?

it's probably possible. We guess we could send a message from the backend to the frontend
asking to download the archive.
We would need to keep track of the directory in which we chroot
and i'm not sure it's done now.