checksum verification in nALFS

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Fri Oct 11 13:32:36 PDT 2002

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:41:47PM +0200, Vassili Dzuba wrote:
> I'm thinking about writing a patch to nALFS1.1.1
> to verify the checksum of the packages.
>
> 	<unpack>
> 		<checksum type="md5">&bash-md5;</checksum>
> 		<archive>&packages_dir;/&bash-package;</archive>
> 		<destination>&build_dir;</destination>
> 	</unpack>

This is the syntax I had in mind when you first suggested <checksum>.

But now, after a bit thinking about it, I don't believe it should be the
part of <unpack>. I mean, why limit the checking to just <unpack>. We
should allow checking anywhere, at any time. If a user wants to check it
just before <unpack>, he can easily do it there.

Also, one might want to check _all_ sums at the beginning of the profile,
before he even starts compiling anything.

So I would suggest creating a new handler.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org