Question about nALFS' file logging functions

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Thu Oct 10 10:19:26 PDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 09:40:14AM +0100, Mark Ellis wrote:
> > That's exactly what <stage> would be perfect.
>
> Is this getting more complicated than it needs to be ? Whats wrong
> with a "config" package ? I plan to put the entire "creating
> directories" section in a "base-directories" package for instance.

Personally, I do find it a bit weird having something that's not a
package in <package>. I mean, that's one of the reasons <stage> was
suggested. But that's IMHO of course. :)

But also, some parsers could in the future have different features for
managing packages - uninstalling, listing installed files etc. I think
it's good to separate "real packages" from those that are not?

But after all, it all depends on profile writers, and how they want
their profiles written. :)

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org