Question about nALFS' file logging functions

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Oct 9 17:40:46 PDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 05:23:15PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> <Starting to become quite the thread, eh Neven>

Heh, yeah. Almost as big as my TODO file now. :)

> I've found the easy way around it: surround those sections by <package> tags
> and supply a name and version attribute. No problemo, so far. There's just a
> cosmetic thing I'd like to discuss: in nALFS it now looks like:
> 	Package config-sysvinit 1.0
>
> It's not really a package and I'd like to retain the original name it had for
> that element "Dump text (/etc/sysvinit)"
>
> Ideas?

That's exactly what <stage> would be perfect. I might remove that "Enter
stage:" prefix, so that there is more freedom in defining it's name.

I did want to add logging to <stage>, but totally forgot about it.
However, I'm not sure where to log that info? I mean, it's not really for
packages/ (as you said, the above example is not a package, and most
uses of <stage> aren't). Maybe to create another directory, stages/?
But that could be a bit ugly, I'm not sure.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org